Mile House Vets is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Lawful basis for processing your data
As your chosen veterinary surgery, we have a legitimate interest in processing your data. This includes reasons such as:
- To enable us to provide our veterinary services to clients
- To provide communications (including postal)
- Joining our pet health plan
- Financial reasons
The kind of information we hold about you
- your name and address
- email address and telephone numbers
How do we collect your information?
- you make initial contact with us
- you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide
- you engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services
- you contact us by email, telephone, post, website or social media (for example when you have a query about our services)
How do we use your information?
- contact you about your pet’s treatment
- share your information with relevant organisations (for example external laboratories)
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us
- send you communications, which you have requested, and that may be of interest
How long do we store your data?
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example pet health plan provider). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Disclosure of your information
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties (unless required by law)
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to you (for example to send you appointment reminders). We disclose only the personal information that is necessary and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
As a client of our services, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database operated by us and we will contact you about your pet’s treatment using your preferred method of communication.
- You have the right to access information held about you. If you wish to see a copy of your data, please contact us. We will provide this data within a few days (not exceeding one month).
- You have the right to request the movement of your data from one surgery to another. We will only transfer data to another surgery with your consent.
- You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. Telephone on 03031231113 (local rate) or 0162554574.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.